Mission Children's Hospital can help ease the fears and concerns of new and seasoned parents, with the only pediatric heart center in Western North Carolina, providing cardiac care along the entire spectrum from fetus to adult. Mission also has the only fetal cardiology program, congenital CT or MRI program, and accredited pediatric echo lab in Western North Carolina.
Contact Mission Children's Hospital Heart Services:
Pediatric Cardiology services are provided by Asheville Cardiology Associates. Patients can contact us directly or be referred by their primary care physician by calling 828-274-6001.
Conditions We Treat
The specialized team at Mission Children's Hospital's pediatric heart program can care for cardiac conditions faced by a fetus, child, or adolescent, including, but not limited to:
- Chest pain
- Palpitations - a rapid or irregular heart beat
- Syncope/presyncope - brief loss of consciousness or lightheadedness
- Murmurs - extra or unusual sounds during a heart beat
- Known or suspected congenital heart disease - from minor trivial valve conditions to advanced and severe abnormalities in heart formation
- Family history of congenital heart disease
- Acquired heart disease including Kawasaki disease
- Rheumatic fever
- Pericarditis - inflammation of the pericardium
- Myocarditis - inflammation of the myocarditis
- Dilated cardiomyopathy - condition where the heart becomes weakened or enlarged, such as occurs with Duchenne
- Muscular dystrophy
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy - condition that causes reduced pumping ability by the heart
Mission's comprehensive team of pediatric cardiologists conducts comprehensive evaluations. Our services include a consultation followed by appropriate testing, that may include:
- Exercise stress testing
- Stress echocardiography
- Fetal echocardiography
- Tilt table tests
- Congenital cardiac CT scanning
- Congenital cardiac MRI
Following testing, our care team will develop a plan that focuses on quality care for the patients and families.
Contact & Referral Information
Pediatric Cardiac services are provided by Asheville Cardiology Associates. Patients can contact us directly or be referred by their primary care physician by calling 828-274-6001.
All appointments should go to the Asheville Cardiology Associates building located at:
5 Vanderbilt Park Drive
Asheville, NC 28803-1700
Maps & Directions