Pediatric Endocrinologists at Mission Children's Hospital specialize in treating disorders related to growth, hormones, glands and chronic illnesses such as diabetes and obesity. Our team uses their experience to connect with kids, developing relationships that encourage communication and help ensure their cooperation in treatments that sometimes last a lifetime.
Pediatric endocrinologists provide treatment for many different problems, including:
- Diabetes (Types I and II)
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycemia)
- Early or delayed puberty
- Growth problems, such as short stature
- Ovarian and testicular dysfunction
- Pituitary gland problems
- Adrenal gland problems
- Ambiguous genitalia
- Thyroid problems
- Problems with Vitamin D (rickets)
Our physicians perform an extensive array of laboratory tests and procedures to diagnose and treat the disorders of the endocrine system. We also offer specialized care to assure optimal health for your child, including:
- Individualized treatment plan for your child's specific condition and situation
- Patient and family education
- Proactive and consistent management of symptoms and conditions
- Multidisciplinary clinics for children with diabetes
- Child Weight Management Center offering fun, educational evening programs for kids and teens and their families
Other supportive services
The Care Team
Our pediatric endocrinology providers work closely with a team of professionals including certified diabetic educators, nutritionists, pediatric pharmacists, and social workers. A close working relationship with our other pediatric specialists such as pulmonology, neurology, and gastroenterology enhances the care we provide.
If you believe your child could benefit from our services, have your physician make a referral by calling 828-213-1740.
Once the referral has been made we will call you to schedule an appointment and provide you with paperwork which must be completed prior to your appointment.