Welcome to Mission Children's Hospital
Children’s Hospital includes 97 beds dedicated to infants and children,
and is the only full-service children’s hospital in western North
Carolina; it is housed on the Mission Hospital Memorial Campus. Mission
Children’s Hospital offers inpatient, outpatient and outreach services.
Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides lifesaving care
for approximately 800 ill/premature newborns each year, and babies go
home 5 days earlier than the national average.
- More than 2,600 children annually receive care in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Pediatric Unit.
North Carolina’s only Child Life Program reduces the stress and anxiety
of medical experiences through play, developmentally appropriate
education for procedures and/or diagnoses, and expressive activities.
hospitalist team offers complete, coordinated inpatient care for
patients admitted to the hospital while providing regular communication
to the child’s pediatrician or primary care provider.
- 60 board certified pediatric subspecialists provide care in 22 different specialties.
April 2010, Mission Hospital became the first hospital in North
Carolina to earn the rigorous Baby Friendly designation, signifying
excellence in breastfeeding practices.
support services including care management, lactation center, pediatric
nutrition, pharmacy and respiratory therapy services.
REUTER OUTPATIENT CENTER
Reuter Outpatient Center offers a full range of pediatric specialty services, all situated in a convenient outpatient setting.
- Mission Children’s Specialists — pediatric subspecialty practices treating patients in a number of areas
North Carolina’s only dedicated pediatric radiology service offers
on-site, fellowship-trained pediatric radiologists and pediatric
magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with “movie goggles” that dramatically
reduce anxiety and the need for medication
- Olson Huff Center for Child Development, including audiology, autism services, and occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Certified child life specialists helping craft safe and nurturing care environments for our patients
- Pediatric laboratory services
- Children’s dental program, including the children’s mobile dental clinic (The ToothBus) and dental surgical services
- Regional Asthma Disease Management Program
- WNC SafeKids injury prevention program
- Family Support Network for families of children with special needs
- Perinatal education