Welcome to Mission Children's Hospital
Mission Children’s Hospital includes 97 beds dedicated to infants and children, and is the only full-service children’s hospital in western North Carolina; it is housed on the Mission Hospital Memorial Campus. Mission Children’s Hospital offers inpatient, outpatient and outreach services.
- 51-bed, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides lifesaving care for approximately 800 ill/premature newborns each year, and babies go home 5 days earlier than the national average.
- More than 2,600 children annually receive care in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) and Pediatric Unit.
- Western North Carolina’s only Child Life Program reduces the stress and anxiety of medical experiences through play, developmentally appropriate education for procedures and/or diagnoses, and expressive activities.
- Pediatric hospitalist team offers complete, coordinated inpatient care for patients admitted to the hospital while providing regular communication to the child’s pediatrician or primary care provider.
- 60 board certified pediatric subspecialists provide care in 22 different specialties.
- In April 2010, Mission Hospital became the first hospital in North Carolina to earn the rigorous Baby Friendly designation, signifying excellence in breastfeeding practices.
- Pediatric support services including care management, lactation center, pediatric nutrition, pharmacy and respiratory therapy services.
REUTER OUTPATIENT CENTER
Reuter Outpatient Center offers a full range of pediatric specialty services, all situated in a convenient outpatient setting.
- Mission Children’s Specialists — pediatric subspecialty practices treating patients in a number of areas
- Western North Carolina’s only dedicated pediatric radiology service offers on-site, fellowship-trained pediatric radiologists and pediatric magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) with “movie goggles” that dramatically reduce anxiety and the need for medication
- Olson Huff Center for Child Development, including audiology, autism services, and occupational, physical and speech therapy
- Certified child life specialists helping craft safe and nurturing care environments for our patients
- Pediatric laboratory services
- Children’s dental program, including the children’s mobile dental clinic (The ToothBus) and dental surgical services
- Regional Asthma Disease Management Program
- WNC SafeKids injury prevention program
- Family Support Network for families of children with special needs
- Perinatal education